1. Graduating and subsequently meeting Brian May. If getting your degree handed to you by the guitarist from queen isn't a high point, I don't know what is...
2. Getting over that nasty depression business. Granted I still have the occasional off day, but sometime around july was the first time in about two years that I'd felt healthy and optimistic.
3. Living with Kim and Richard. Its just really great when the only complaints you have about the people you live with are really arbitrary and not even really worth mentioning.
4. October Expo. It was pretty damn awesome and I made way more than I was expecting and I met some really awesome arty people and comic book authors. Hopefully May will be just a fun.
5. Working for the Bluecoat. While being an invigilator is not the most inspiring volunteer activity it's really helped me catch up with my reading. I've moved to the Friday afternoon shift which will be less punishing and might even motivate me to socialise more since the pub is on the way home.
6. Getting serious with my own projects. Well I'm not really earning much at the moment but it feels really great to just do my own thing really.
7. The France trips. Yeah I don't think I'll ever get bored of that place. I also got the 'come visit whenever you want' speech from the grandparents. They don't say to many people. I'd quite like to move back there one day. Tart up the guest house and turn the barn into a studio/workshop. Maybe give some art classes for tourists. Ah pipe-dreams, don't you just love 'em.
8. Teaching myself new things. My life at the moment is mainly composed of a series of projects. The result of which should ideally be something better than anything else I've done but not as good as what I'll do next.
9. Awesome friends. As per usual, the people I've gotten close to this year have all been amazing.
10. New years. Again another highlight really. I know it was only last week but it was just really silly fun. There was twister and pass the parcel again (because our house isn't mature in the slightest.) Ellen and I got water pistols from the giant parcel of doom, which were quickly filled with booze. There was also the rather frightening Midori and WKD concoction we invented that was radioactive green. And there was obligatory embarrassing singing and dancing and I think I might have kissed neen's left breast at one point because there was a hulk hogan moustache on it, also Barry for the same reason....also Lora but there was no moustache. Overall it was an awesome party.